30 Days to Live Group Participant Guide - Session 4

30dayweblogo  

30 Days to Live Group Participant Guide

Session 4

Launching Question: How would you most like to be remembered?

Connecting Question 1: Where is your treasure? Besides your family, what earthly blessings do you most treasure? How would having more of an eternal perspective change your priorities? If you realize your treasure is on earth, what do you need to do to shift your treasure toward heaven?

Connection Question 2: Defeat materialism What kind of greed or materialism do you need to guard against? Be specific (you might say, “I care too much about money.” “I focus too much on my yard.” or “I’m too into my appearance.”) How will you allow God to change you?

Connection Question 3: Unleash enormous good In what ways has God demonstrated his generosity toward you? How does seeing God as generous help us to be more generous? Where does God want you to become more generous?

Connection Question 4: Stockpile in Heaven What does it mean to “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness?” What are you currently focusing on that doesn’t really matter? What are you neglecting that does matter? What are you going to do to let God change you?

Scripture: Luke 12:13-21 What is the main point of Jesus’ story? V.16-21 How can we be rich toward God? How can you build a rich relationship with God?

Application & Prayer

Circle one option you will work on this week

1. Spend time with God, acknowledging the earthly treasures you have valued more than knowing Him. Ask Him to show you what it looks like to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Surrender each of your earthly treasures to God. What changes will you make in order to focus on what really matters? 2. Surrender your finances and material possessions to God. Ask Him to show you the changes to make regarding your sending and giving. Take steps this week to invest in God’s kingdom by being more generous with your time and money. 3. Filter your decisions this week through the question, “Would I do this if I only had 30 days to live?” Make a list of those things that matter most and make this your “to do” list for the next 30 days.

Close with prayer

Reid Brown

CCC Director of Discipleship

Previous
Previous

How Do I Know / Complete Study

Next
Next

30 Days to Live Group Leaders Guide - Session 4